Monday, September 15, 2008

Stuffed Chicken Breasts

I was leafing through Cooks Country by America's Test Kitchen this weekend and came across Grilled Stuffed Chicken Breasts. I have made these before and never really perfected it. I decided to try it once again. Their recipe called for basil and fontina, of which I had none so I improvised with fresh chopped spinach and mascarpone cheese. We baked instead of grilled which I think I'm just not a big fan of. Grilling is definitely the way to go. They also could have used something sweet, like sundried tomatoes in the stuffing. It was a good dinner but probably not something I would do again. Here's how mine came together.
















3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
Juice of 2 lemons, divided
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup chopped spinach
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Marinate the chicken in 2 garlic cloves and the juice of 1 lemon for about 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350. Combine the lemon zest, juice of one lemon, 1 garlic clove, spinach and cheese into a bowl. Remove the chicken from the marinade and cut a pocket into each breast. Stuff the chicken with the cheese mixture and seal with a wooden toothpick. Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.

No comments: