Thursday, September 25, 2008

Crockpot Chili

There's nothing like coming home and dinner being ready. With a little prep in the morning, I gave myself a nice, relaxing evening. I got to walk the dog, collect wood for kindling for the fire, and eat all by a normal time tonight. Ahhhh, the crockpot, a beautiful invention.

I do have to apologize for my picture. I know it is not pretty but I was really hungry and unwilling to wait!

1.25 ground turkey
2/3 large container fat free beef broth
1 can kidney beans
1 can diced tomatoes, no salt added
1 TBSP chili powder
1 TBSP ground cumin
1 TBSP paprika
1 large shallot, diced
2 garlic cloves, diced
2 TBSP hot sauce (optional)
1/2 red chilli pepper, seeded (optional)

Combine all ingredients into the crockpot and cook on the lowest setting for 8-10 hours. Top with 1/4 cup low fat mexican cheese blend and 2 TBSP light sour cream.

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Yum! Nothing says fall to me like a big pot of chili :)