Saturday, September 6, 2008

Broccoli Salad

It's raining here today which is the perfect excuse for a cooking day. I made this to go with our dinner I'm making later, chicken marsala. We needed a vegetable but I didn't really want a salad so while going through my recipe binder, this one popped up. My Mom often makes it for parties so I asked her awhile ago for the recipe and this was the first time I had the chance to use it.















3 cups broccoli florets
1/2 cup chopped onion (I used 1/4)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup chopped raisins
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup low fat plain yogurt (I used fat free)
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
2 TBSP sugar (I used Splenda)
1 TBSP lemon juice
salt & pepper to taste

In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, mayo, sugar, and lemon juice. In another bowl combine the broccoli, onion, raisins, sunflower seeds, and feta. Toss in the yogurt dressing and season with the salt & pepper. Cover and frigerate for 2 hours.

1 comment:

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

Looks yummy! I hope the chicken marsala is good...can't wait to hear how you like the recipe. :)