Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ricotta-Stuffed Chicken















I'm really trying to find healthier ways to eat but still enjoy the food I'm eating. This meal hit the spot. I love chicken parm but I don't love all the frying and breading and cheese that goes on with it so this is my light version. I served it with 2 oz. whole wheat pasta and a spinach salad. A filling and healthy meal.

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 TBSP fat free ricotta
5 sundried tomatoes, not packed in oil, chopped
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp olive oil (or a mist, such as the Williams Sonoma Oil Mister)

Split the chicken 3/4 of the way through. Spread 2 TBSP of ricotta onto each breast, then add the sundried tomatoes to each half. Close up the chicken and seal with a toothpick if necessary. Combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese on a plate. Spray both sides with the oil mister or cooking spray, or use a pastry brush to coat with the olive oil. Dredge the chicken in the bread crumb mixture and place in a foil lined pan. Cook at 375 for 20 minutes.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Ooh I have all of this in my fridge right now - looks great!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

What a great recipe for ricotta! I'll have to try this soon!

JessicaD said...

That sounds REALLY yummy, I think I'll have to try it!