Sunday, February 22, 2009

Spinach and Artichoke White Pizza















On Friday at work, I was trying to think of ideas for homemade pizza. I knew I had ricotta that needed to be used and I thought hey, white pizza goes great with spinach and of course, artichokes go with everything for me so voila. Spinach and artichoke white pizza. When I posted about it on my cooking board, people suggested I add sundried tomatoes and some red pepper flakes. It turned out great. I don't have exact measurements but here's some good estimates.

olive oil
1 ball store bought whole wheat pizza dough
1/2 container part skim ricotta cheese (about 7 oz)
5 oz. frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
8 artichoke hearts, chopped
6 sundried tomatoes, chopped
5 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Roll out the pizza dough and brush with the olive oil. Dot the dough with the spinach and ricotta. Spread the chopped artichokes and sundried tomatoes over the top. Top with the parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Shake on some red pepper flakes and oregano to taste. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 12 minutes or until the crust is cooked through.

3 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Oh this looks great! I've tried a similar pizza only instead of ricotta, it was goat cheese... yum!

Brooke said...

Mmmm...this is my perfect pizza! Unfortunately Joe wouldn't go anywhere near it, but whatever ;)

Colleen said...

Ooh YUM. I am making a pizza like this on Saturday, only with a garlic herb sauce instead of ricotta!