Sunday, February 22, 2009

Chicken Parmesean, Fake Out Style















I love Italian food, if you haven't quite figure that out yet. Chicken parmesean ranks right up there as one of my favorites. However I rarely order it out because I know how bad it is for me. So I make it at home and I "fake" it. Instead of frying the chicken, I bread both sides and cook it in a little olive oil (like 2 TBSP) until it's browned on both sides and then I put it in the oven for 20 minutes. It's so much healthier and I can pair it with my healthy pastas too. DH also wanted me to let everyone know he likes it this way too. I paired it with my homemade sauce, which unfortunately, I am unable to share the recipe for because it comes from a friend's family. But at least we can enjoy looking it at right?

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I like the baked version instead... and its just as delicious only healthier!