Sunday, November 16, 2008

Stuffed Shells

Suprisingly enough, I have never made stuffed shells before. Dave and I were in the supermarket today and there was a sale on Barilla shells so I picked up a box for dinner tonight. It was a very basic stuffed shells recipe and I didn't even measure anything out but I will do my best to estimate it. These definitely hit the spot.

1 Box Shells, cooked al dente
1/2 large container of part skim ricotta cheese
1 egg
1/4 cup parm cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
5 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 jar pasta sauce (or less depending on how much sauce you like)
1 TBSP oregano
1 TBSP dried basil















Cook the shells according to the directions on the box. Mix together the 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, parm, and ricotta cheese, spices, spinach and egg until well combined. Cover a 9x13 inch baking dish with some pasta sauce. Stuff each shell with the cheese filling until they are all filled. Top with the desired amount of pasta sauce and the remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.

No comments: