Sunday, March 15, 2009

Turkey and Spinach Meatballs















I was really in the mood for spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight. I saw in an old Cooking Light issue when I was cleaning today a recipe for Turkey Ricotta meatballs which I think I made a while ago but I didn't have ricotta so I changed it around a bit to suit my tastes and what I had on hand. I didn't really measure but here are approximates.

1.25 lean ground turkey
1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped finely
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped finely
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 egg

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl until well-mixed. Form into balls (I made 16 which were on the large side). Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. These freeze well too if you don't think you'll be eating them any time soon.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

These look great - always looking for a different version of meatballs!