Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mom's Meat Loaf

This is my Mom's recipe for meat loaf. I've had a yearning for it for the last few days and there's nothing better than a Sunday dinner with meat loaf. It still is my favorite meat loaf and I'm happy to post it here and tell my Mom thanks! I paired it with a side of risotto (see following post) and a spinach salad with feta cheese, raisins and walnuts.














2 eggs, beaten
2 lbs. 90/10 ground beef
2 cups fresh bread crumbs (which Emma made for me!)
3/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup 1% milk
1/4 cup ketchup
2 TBSP worcestershire sauce

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Shape into an oval loaf and place on a pan (I put it on a broil rack over a pan so the fat can drip down). Cook for an hour. 6 servings.

No comments: