Monday, March 2, 2009

Broccoli, Spinach and Bacon Quiche















I'm trying to incorporate more dark veggies into my diet to increase my iron levels. Spinach, I will be eating you a lot! I love quiche and since today was a snow day for most of us here in the northeast, I was craving something warm and comforting. This hit the spot

1 premade pie crust (I use Pillsbury)
1 small bunch of broccoli, chopped
1 cup of fresh spinach, cut thinly
4 slices of turkey bacon, cooked
1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
3 eggs and 4 egg whites
1/2 cup 1% milk

Place the pie crust in a pie plate. Layer the chopped broccoli, spinach and turkey bacon in the crust. Whisk together the eggs and milk until well blended. Pour into the pie plate and top with the cheese. Salt & pepper to taste. Cook on 350 for 30 minutes.

No comments: