Sunday, March 30, 2008

Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake

I got this recipe from Cooking Light. I've had a bundt pan since my wedding and never used it, so now I can say, I have. My lovely stepdaughter helped me make the yummy icing and we're having this cake for dessert tonight. Here's the recipe and a few photos, courtesy of Emma and myself.








Cake:
Cooking spray
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour (I used 2 cups all purpose and 1 cup whole wheat flour)
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-3/4 cups granulated sugar (I used 1-1/4 cups sugar and 1/2 cup of splenda)
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
4 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (16-ounce) container reduced-fat sour cream
2 cups fresh blueberries (I only had a little more than 1 cup but it was plenty!)

Glaze: (I only used about half of the glaze this made. It was way too much.)
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350°.

To prepare cake, coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray; dust with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar. Set aside.

Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.

Place 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar, butter, and rind in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 2 minutes). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition (about 4 minutes total). Beat in vanilla and sour cream. Add flour mixture; beat at medium speed just until combined. Gently fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.

To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle over cooled cake.

Makes 16 servings. Nutrition ingredients based on the original recipe CALORIES 299(23% from fat); FAT 7.8g (sat 4g,mono 2.7g,poly 0.5g); PROTEIN 5g; CHOLESTEROL 71mg; CALCIUM 68mg; SODIUM 172mg; FIBER 1.1g; IRON 1.5mg; CARBOHYDRATE 53.2g

No comments: