Thursday, March 20, 2008

Roasted Red Pepper Turkey Meat Loaf

YUM! The family loved it so it was a success and so easy. I got it out of Real Simple magazine and it caught my eye 'cause I could finally use that jar of roasted red peppers I bought. No picture :-( as I forgot to take one before we ate. Meat loaf never looks that good in a pic anyway. Here's the recipe.

1.3 lb. ground turkey (93/7 lean)
1 jar (7 oz) roasted red peppers
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 small onion, chopped (I used a shallot)
1 TBSP oregano
2 TBSP dijon mustard
salt & pepper to taste

Heat oven to 400° F.

Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Shape the meat into an 8-inch loaf and place in a baking dish, not a loaf pan

Bake until no trace of pink remains (internal temperature should be 165° F), about 45 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.

1 comment:

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

I love roasted red peppers and I love meatloaf. :) I'm copying this down to make sometime.