Thursday, December 3, 2009

Turkey Sausage, Broccoli and Cheese Pasta Bake















This is my own little creation I put together for tonight. I love one-pot meals and casseroles so this is right up my alley. It's like a souped up macaroni & cheese. Dave and I both really liked it and we have plenty of leftovers.

10 oz. macaroni or other small pasta
3 links of turkey sausage, cut into small pieces and cooked
1 package frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped
1 can cheddar cheese soup
6-8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup milk
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 TBSP I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
1/3 cup panko

Cook the pasta. Place the drained pasta back into the same pot and mix in the cheddar cheese soup, milk and 4-6 oz. of the shredded cheddar. Pour into a large 11 x 7 baking pan. Add in the cooked turkey sausage and broccoli and combine well. Top with the remaining cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese. In a small skillet, melt the butter. Mix in the panko until evenly coated. Spread it on top of the macaroni mixture. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until the top is browned.

No comments: