Sunday, December 13, 2009

Banana Almond Waffles















I've really had a thing for waffles this pregnancy so this morning I broke out the waffle maker once again for some banana almond waffles. I used a recipe from Green Lite Bites as a basis for my waffle mixture. I will say that it definitely was "diet" tasting. Not as light and fluffy as we usually like but they were still pretty good. I also doubled it because I wanted some leftovers to freeze for later, as I really hate store bought waffles. They are just so fake tasting! I do think next time I make home made waffles I'm going back to using a less dietary recipe because sometimes, it's just not worth it.

2 bananas, thinly sliced
2 TBSP chopped almonds
2 eggs
1 cup milk (1%)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups whole wheat flour (or use all purpose flour)

Whisk the milk and eggs together. Add in the almonds and banana. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, powder and cinnamon and whisk together. Add in the wet ingredients and mix together with a spatula until well-incorporate. Ladle into a waffle maker and let it do it's magic!

1 comment:

Roni said...

They look good! Not sure what you mean by "diet" tasting. You may want to go with this one http://greenlitebites.com/2008/06/23/quick-whole-grain-banana-pancakes/ instead and just add the almonds with a little almond extract. That could be real YUMMY! The apply pancake one isn't my fav either. :)