Momma wants some oatmeal raisin cookies and a big glass of milk so out to the store went my dear husband for raisins and I whipped up a batch of this delicious cookies to satisfy my craving. Thanks honey, you won't regret the trip!!
- 1/2 butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a large cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, with a mixer set on low speed, beat the butter and brown sugar until blended. Add egg whites, egg, and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- With spatula, stir in flour, oats, raisins, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons, about 2 inches apart, on cookie sheet. Flatten dough into 3-inch circles. Bake cookies 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. With a pancake turner, remove cookies to wire racks to cool for 15 minutes. Makes about 32-35 small cookies.