Sunday, July 20, 2008

Goat Cheese & Sundried Tomato Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Who knew something so delicious was so surprisingly easy to make. A couple weeks ago, I met my friend Sarah for dinner which excitingly was across the street from an organic market. I picked up just a couple things but one was herbed goat cheese. It was nearing it's expiration date so I desperately needed to make it. I searched around the internet, got some ideas and voila, dinner! I basically concocted this on my own (not that hard) and it turned out great. Dave and Emma were really happy too, which of course makes me feel good. I served it with Trader Joe's artichoke ravioli (3 each) and some broccoli.

3 large chicken breasts, halved (but leave intact so you can roll it) and pounded thin
4 oz. herbed goat cheese
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes (NOT packed in oil), divided
3-4 TBSP of chopped fresh basil, depending on your taste
2 cloves of garlic
16 oz, reduced sodium chicken broth
1 small head broccoli

Distribute the goat cheese evenly into each chicken breast. Do the same with the sundried tomatoes and basil. Roll up the chicken, folding the sides in, securing with toothpicks.

In a large pan, heat up the chicken broth. Place the garlic cloves (whole) into the broth. Add in the chicken. Bring to a fast simmer. Cover and cook 25 minutes, turning 2-3 times throughout the process.

Chop one small head of broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Add to the chicken broth about 5 minutes before the chicken is done.

Remove the chicken and broccoli with a slotted spoon. Discard the broth and garlic cloves. Serve with the ravioli. Top with butter and parmesan cheese (we use I Can't Believe it's Not Butter Light).

I know this is not the greatest picture, as the chicken sort of fell apart when I cut it but truly an excellent meal. All I would do next time is remove all the liquid and brown the chicken at the end.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Fabulous flavors to stuff chicken with and I'll have to try those raviolis from TJs!

Liz said...

I love goat cheese! This looks yummy!