Saturday, January 17, 2009

Garden Vegetable Lasagna















Garden Veggie Lasagna may be one of my favorite meals ever. It's delicious, loaded with veggies and so comforting on a cold day. I don't make it often because it really is a lot of work and makes a lot of dishes. The trick is to prep all the veggies before you start cooking because once you start, it's a lot of moving around. My hats off to Cooking Light on this one. It's always a hit and making it always puts a smile on my face. I did use whole wheat lasagna noodles to try and add some more whole grains to it. I would definitely recommend this meal if you are having guests over. We served it with some garlic bread and a lovely glass of wine.

4 comments:

ErinsFoodFiles said...

Wow, that DOES sound good! I have a lasagna recipe, but I might have to try this out. I love veggie packed meals.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Looks delicious! Do you have a specific whole wheat pasta brand you recommend?

Jenn said...

For this, I used Hodgson Mills brand whole wheat lasagna noodles. I've used them before and I like the taste and texture.

Colleen said...

I love veggie lasagna! I will have to try this soon!