Sunday, December 21, 2008

Spinach and Cheese Lasagna

Tonight was a lasagna night. Easy to put together (used the no-cook noodles) and always delicious. I did want to put something in it besides just the sauce and cheese so I defrosted some chopped spinach, threw it into my sauce and voila, dinner is served. I paired it with some garlic bread and a salad.

I don't have exact measurements but here's a pretty close estimate















1 package of no-boil lasagna noodles (I use Barilla)
26 oz. pasta sauce (jarred or homemade)
20 oz. part skim ricotta
8 oz. mozzarella
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 egg
1 package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry

Mix together the egg and cheeses, reserving about 1 oz. of the mozzarella to top the lasagna with at the end. Spread a think layer of sauce on the bottom of a baking pan. Starting with the noodles, layer the sauce and cheese until everything is done, finishing with a layer of noodles and top with the reserved cheese. Baked at 375 for 50 minutes or until the cheese has melted.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I find that I tend to make lasagnas more in the cooler months just to use of random ingredients I have on hand. Despite how I used to think its such a time consuming dish, I make it often and its a great way to use leftovers!

Colleen said...

Hmm here I am again - this looks great and I just tagged you on my blog!