Monday, October 6, 2008

Better than apple pie...















Apple crisp! This may be very wrong of me to say this but I think I'm more in love with this than apple pie. All the yummy flavors... apples, cinnamon, sugar, butter (yes, real butter) AND crunch to go with it. Dave and Emma agreed, better than apple pie. I grabbed this off of allrecipes.com and based on comments, increased the baking time and used 1/2 cup of white sugar along with a 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar. Don't forget to top it with vanilla ice cream!

4 cups sliced apples
ground cinnamon
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.

Place apples in prepared dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Pour water over all. In a bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Blend in flour. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.

Bake in preheated oven 50 minutes, until apples are tender and crust is golden.

2 comments:

Maryanna said...

I love apple crisp. I'm definitely going to have to cook this.

Angie said...

I made this yesterday! Best apple crisp I've ever had.