Sunday, August 24, 2008

Turkey Ricotta Meatballs

These are in my latest issue of Cooking Light and I couldn't wait to try them. What caught my eye was the ricotta in them! I had some ricotta to use up and these meatballs were the perfect thing. I am freezing them for Wednesday nights dinner. God I love Cooking Light!

1 lb. lean ground turkey
1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
1/2 cup fresh chopped basil

Mix the ingredients together in a bowl and shape into meatballs. The recipe says to make 18, but I came out with 17 so it was close. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and bring to room temperature. To freeze, place the meatballs on a cookie sheet, not touching each other, and place them in the freezer for one hour. After the hour is up, place the hardened meatballs into an airtight container and return to the freezer.

No comments: