Saturday, August 23, 2008

Crispy Yogurt Chicken (PW)

This chicken dish has been making the rounds on the board I frequent and I finally got a chance to make it today. It was excellent! How can you go wrong really with this one? Yogurt-delicious. Crispy panko crust-delicious. Here's my version.

2 cups fat free plain yogurt
2 TBSP lemon juice
~ 2 TBSP lemon pepper seasoning (I didn't measure)
2 cloves minced garlic
salt & pepper
Panko bread crumbs
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Mix yogurt, garlic, lemon pepper seasoning and lemon juice until combined. Thoroughly rinse chicken and salt & pepper both sides. Into another bowl, pour the panko and salt those. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Dip each chicken breast into the yogurt mixture, then into the panko making sure to evenly coat each piece. Lay chicken in baking dish. Place a small dab of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter on top of each piece then cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until the pieces are golden brown.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yummy, I made this this week and we really liked it as well.