Crab Rangoon (my changes in red)
- 1 quart oil for deep frying (I probably used 2 cups, which still really scared me)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (1/2 package)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans premium lump crabmeat, drained and flaked (1 can)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (I don't measure, I just shake)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (ditto)
- 2 tablespoons water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) package wonton wrappers (I used not quite a half of the egg roll wraps and quartered them)
In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, crabmeat, garlic powder, paprika and water chestnuts.
Place approximately 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture in the center of wonton wrappers.
Moisten wrapper edges with water, fold over the mixture and pinch to seal.
In small batches, steam then fry the wontons 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown.