Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tequila Lime Chicken

Last night DH and I had a great dinner and I felt like I needed to post about it. We made tequila lime chicken, with a side of cooked asparagus and jalapeno pasta (Ok, I didn't make this, it is Knorr Pasta side). My favorite part was how I made the chicken and the way it came out.

3, 3-4 oz. chicken breasts
1/8 cup tequila
1/8 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
1 red pepper, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 shallot, halved and sliced
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
Olive oil, two turns of the pan.

Marinate the chicken for 4-8 hours in the tequila and lime juice. Add the olive oil and garlic into a heated pan and cook about 3 mins. Add in the chicken and top with the onions and peppers. Cover with a lid and cook about 10 mins, turning every few minutes. When the chicken has cooked through, take the lid off and raise the temperature under the pan. Brown the chicken and vegetables at the higher heat, being careful not to burn. At the end, top with some low fat cheddar and melt. Served with asparagus drizzled with olive oil and garlic and cook in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.

No comments: