I got this from a fellow WC Nestie, Skinny Food that Feels Guilty. My husband needs to start having healthier breakfasts and I thought this would be a great alternative for him.
* 2-1/2 cups fresh strawberries
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1-1/8 cup whole wheat flour
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 cup Splenda
* 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 8 oz. unsweetened applesauce
* 1/4 cup light sour cream
* 4 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a loaf pan.
2. Slice strawberries, and place in medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle lightly with sugar, and set aside while preparing bread mixture.
3. Combine flours, sugar, splenda, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in large bowl: mix well. Blend applesauce and sour cream and eggs into strawberries. Add strawberry mixture to flour mixture, blending until dry ingredients are just moistened. Spread batter into loaf pan.
4. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until tester inserted comes out clean. Let cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn loaf out, and cool completely. Serve with cream cheese or a little I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.