Saturday, September 12, 2009

Pumpkin Raisin Oat Muffins
















I'm baaaaccckkk!! The weather has cooled off. I'm out of my first trimester so I'm feeling good. All I want to do is cook and bake so that's what I did this weekend. After a search on allrecipes.com for muffins I found a recipe I liked but I really wanted raisin ones so I made some small changes. These include whole wheat flour for a little added health benefit. Add to that the oats and pumpkin, I think we have something good here. And if you want to eliminate the butter, sub in some yogurt. I think they'd still come out most and delicious.

  • 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
  • 2/3 cup white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 3/4 cup raisins

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease and flour muffin pan or use paper liners.
  2. Mix the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a mixing bowl until evenly blended. In a separate bowl, stir together the pumpkin, milk, egg, and butter. Gradually stir in the flour mixture, just until all ingredients are moistened. Fold in the raisins. Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling to the top.
  3. Bake in preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 20 minutes.

1 comment:

penny68 said...

Made your lovely muffins for a craft group snack. They were fantastic. Thank you for posting the recipe!