Sunday, July 6, 2008

California Pasta Toss
















I found the original recipe on a fellow What's Cooking blog and I love it. I am a big fan of artichokes and asparagus and this one has both. I did make some changes to it but kudos to Ashlee for giving me this great idea for dinner. I submitted this to Joelen's Culinary Adventures
to participate in her Blogging Event for California inspired dishes.

3/4 lb. whole wheat spaghetti
1/2 lb. chicken, cubed and cooked (mine were rubbed with a lemon dill spice combo)
1 lb. asparagus spears, trimmed
1 14 oz. can artichoke hearts in water, chopped
2 tbsp. sun dried tomatoes, minced
1/2 c. water
freshly grated Asiago cheese
red pepper flakes

White Wine - Sun Dried Tomato Pesto:
1 large bunch basil leaves (about 30-40)
10 sun dried tomatoes
1/2 c. white wine
1 tbsp. I Can't Believe it's Not Butter Light
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup parm cheese
1/2 cup low fat ricotta cheese
2 tbsp. EVOO
Salt and Pepper

Prepare pesto sauce, blend all ingredients until well incorporated. Set aside. Cook spaghetti according to the directions. Cook the cubed chicken until no longer pink. Add to the chicken, the artichokes, asparagus, sundried tomatoes, and pesto. Cook approximately 5 minutes or until the asparagus is tender.
Top the pasta with the chicken/pesto blend. Top with the Asiago cheese and red pepper flakes and ENJOY!

4 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

That sun dried tomato pesto sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing :)

Ally said...

That sounds like a great recipe!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I just realized I have another blogging event coming up featuring California inspired/Wolfgang Puck recipes... and this would be a great addition to the round up! Details in my blog :)

Chibog in Chief said...

i just love all the flavors, i can imagine already the taste!!