Monday, August 23, 2010

Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches














We love buffalo anything in our house. I think my husband falls in love with me all over again when I make something buffalo style. When I saw this on Running Mama Cooks, I knew we would have to have it. I had to improvise with some of the ingredients but I can honestly say I think mine came out better than I've ever had in a restaurant. Here's my version... go ahead and try it. You won't be disappointed.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 bottle buffalo sauce ( I used Ken's)
1/2 cup hot sauce
1 small can tomato sauce (8 oz)
1/4 cup ranch dressing

Place the breasts in the crockpot and top with the remaining ingredients. Cook for about 3-4 hours on medium. About an hour before they are done, shred the chicken in the crockpot and mix it around so that it soaks up the sauce. Serve on fresh rolls topped with monterey jack cheese.

No comments: