Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Dinner















Happy Memorial Day everyone! As someone who is married to a veteran, the daughter of a veteran, and who has had many relatives serve and a few even die, this day does mean something to me. So to all veterans and families of those who have served and do still serve our country, a very special Thank You for all you've done to keep the USA free.

Now onto the dinner I made last night. I will confess, I've never bought bone in chicken. But Stop & Shop had a good price on their Nature's Promise brand so I went for it and bought some bone-in chicken thighs. I couldn't have been happier. It was so delicious and most, I am making this more. I cooked it on a medium to high heat on the grill for about 45 minutes, flipping them about every 10 minutes and then the last 5 minutes, we slathered both sides with BBQ sauce. It was too easy.

We had fresh corn bought that day from the market as well, along with a pasta salad with avocados and turkey bacon. I don't think any of us spoke while eating except to say how good this was.

No comments: