Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sundried Tomato and Cheese Chicken

I really was getting sick of grilled or baked chicken and wanted to do something different but also not completely time consuming. After a long spin class and not getting home until almost 7, I definitely wanted something fairly quick and healthy. We did make a salad along with the chicken which I drizzled the juice of one lemon over and I don't know why I didn't do that before... yum! Anyway, here's my simple chicken recipe.

3 boneless chicken breasts, about 3 oz each, pounded flat
5 sundried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
1/4 container of low fat cream cheese
1/3 cup part skim shredded mozzarella
1 TBSP dried oregano/basil mix
1 TBSP olive oil

Combine the sundried tomatoes and cheeses well in a bowl. Pound the chicken so that it is about a 1/4 inch thick. Spread the cheese mixture lengthwise on the chicken but don't go to the edges. Roll the chicken and secure with a toothpick. Brush the olive oil on the chicken and sprinkle the oregano/basil mixture over. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. The cream cheese really tasted so good in this one, I'm glad I was out of ricotta in the house. It melted beautifully and gave it that creaminess that I really wanted. Picture to come (it's still on my camera!)

No comments: